Home Buying Guide
Home Buying Process
Our Home Buying Guide provides potential home buyers with the proper advice and information to guide you through the home buying process. We have built a business all around one building principal: providing excellent service to every single one of our clients for not just their first transaction, but every real estate transaction. Our goal is to build lifelong relationships with each client and be a resource for any questions or needs at any point. Whether you’re a first time home buyer or have purchased numerous properties throughout your lifetime. We will be their every step of the way to help guide you through the process.
We love helping buyers find their dream home. That is why we work with each client individually, taking the time to understand their unique lifestyles, needs and wishes. This is about more than a certain number of bedrooms or a specific zip code. It is about your life, and it is important to us!
During each consultation, the home buying process is reviewed from start to finish. We have found that this element of the consultation helps our clients feel more at ease with the real estate purchase. Once we find your perfect home we will have to move fast, and this allows us to do that.
Why Buy a Home
Pride in Ownership
Pride of ownership is the number one reason people yearn to own their own home. Although investment features are important, the psychological reasons for buying seem just as important! In a recent National Assocation of Realtors (NAR) survey of 6,000 home owners and 2,00 renters, 76% of owners and renters considered pride of ownership an important reason for buying a home.
Pride in Ownership
Almost 7 in 10 home owners admit that their dislike of paying rent was an important factor in their decision to buy. Although renting offers a seemingly maintenance free lifestyle, it offers no tax benefits and no protection against rent increases.
- Who will be living in the home you purchase?
- Describe your lifestyle. What do you enjoy doing at home? Do you do a lot of entertaining? How do you spend your time in the evenings and on weekends?
- Does your home need to accommodate any special needs?
- Do you have anything Special that needs to be accomodated such as athletic equipment, fine art, large furniture, or a large collection?
- When people come to your home, what do you want your home to say about you?
- Is there anything we should know about your lifestyle that we have not asked?
- Tell us about your ideal location.
- What is the maximum commute time and distance?
- What is your work address?
- Are schools important?
- Is there a particular view you are seeking?
- What else is important about your location?
What Your Realtor Should Do for You!
It is likely that purchasing your first home is one of the largest investments you have made and will make in your lifetime. Using this Home Buying Guide gives you all the information you need to get through the process.
It is important to have a trustworthy agent that has your best interests at heart the entire time you are working with them. They must be dedicated to achieving your best outcome, and personable so that they can effectively communicate and negotiate with other key players in the process. Your real estate agent MUST be fully educated on the local market where you are looking to buy. They should be able to educate you on a home’s current value. As well as what is happening locally that might affect value in the future. Most importantly, your agent has to have a complete understanding of the entire home buying process. You should expect that a great agent will walk you through the process so that you know what to expect at each stage of the game.
- Recommendations for other professionals associated with the real estate transaction and services you may need after your home purchase (Mortgage Lender, Home Inspector, Insurance Agent, Title Companies, etc.)
- Scheduling showings and home previews for you
- Personally touring homes and neighborhoods with you
- Keeping you informed of new homes on the market
- Helping you preview homes on the web
- Advising you of other homes that have sold and for how much
- Working with you until you find the perfect home
- Handles all negotiations
- Monitors completion of the contract to close period
- Contacts you regularly with updates concerning the process
- Answers all communication timely and effectively
Still Have Questions?
We know the home buying process can be stressful and full of questions. THis is why we have outlines and answered more than 50 of the most common home buying questions. Please visit our FAQ page to help answer any questions you may still have about the home buying process!
Home Buying Videos
Still have questions about the home buying process?