Social media has quickly become a huge part of society and the way we live our lives. Over the last few years people say that “if you didn’t share it on social media it didn’t happen.”
I’m sure some people will roll their eyes at that statement. But there is a lot of truth to it. We’ve all heard “don’t be a secret agent.” If you aren’t sharing your successes and your real estate journey with the people who already know you, you are missing out on a lot of potential business.
Now, there are only two possible reasons that you might still be rolling your eyes right now.
- You will never be someone who enjoys posting on social media. This is not necessarily a bad thing… there are so many ways to be successful in this business.
- You have tried using social media again and again with little to no success.
If you are in the second category, or if you’ve never fully attempted to use social media, then this article is for you!
Since there are so many forms of social media we are going to focus on the most widely used platform, Facebook. Here are my 10 tips on social media success for real estate agents.
1. Always come from a place of contribution
2. Always stay positive
3. Follow the 80/20 rule… or at least something close to it
4. Don’t be generic, be creative!
- Share milestones.
- Tell a story.
- If your buyer just settled on their new home, post a picture with them and tell everyone how grateful you are to be able to help your clients find their perfect new homes!
- If your seller got multiple offers in 3 days, post a great picture of the house and tell everyone how excited you are for your seller.
- If you learned an important lesson that will better help your clients in the future, go live on Facebook or create a short YouTube video telling people about it. But be sure to stay positive and on track with your message.
- If you love your business because you can work from anywhere, post a picture of working from home in your slippers, your favorite aspect of your home office or a picture of your computer at a local coffee shop. For a hidden message be sure to have the MLS up on your computer or something else business related so everyone can see!
5. Post testimonials
6. Friend everyone you have met, including prospective & current clients!
If you are sharing great content and regular posts about your business success, why wouldn’t you want prospective clients to see? It’s only going to further enforce the message that they should choose you as their Realtor! Personally, I have gained numerous clients because they saw my success on Facebook and therefore knew that they would be in great hands working with us.
7. Spend time every day connecting with people on Facebook
- Be social!
- Add everyone you know on Facebook and connect with them.
- Private message people and congratulate them for recent achievements.
- Comment on people’s pictures.
- Like people’s posts.
This business is all about building relationships. And if you can build them on social media you are just one step closer to achieving success!
8. Build a habit
Think of it like farming. They say it takes 18 months to see a return on investment once you begin farming a neighborhood. Facebook is similar but it doesn’t take as long. Stick with it and you will see results. If it helps, you can even plan out your posts so that you know you are adding variation in what you are posting. There are Apps that can even help with this.
9. Build a brand
10. Be Authentic, Be Yourself
Depending on your personality and the amount of business you want, you can incorporate more detailed strategies like Facebook advertising or boosted posts. This article was meant to give you the basics so that you can set yourself up to hit the ground running! Good luck and happy posting!